Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Wow...I just had a 'recovered memory'

Upon reading Shauny's mother's brilliant analogy at 'What's New Pussycat' I recovered a memory of my childhood pets: Pet rats. (We had dogs too, OK?)

The rats were named "Bright Eyes" and "Pinky." They were very intelligent and gradually became tame. We let them live and run around in the basement without a cage. They would come when you called. It's true they ate the toes and fingers off my Barbie dolls...but I did not mind that so much. I never had much emotional attachment to those dolls.

Why did this memory become so deeply supressed? Wait...did they die because I neglected them? Did I leave them out in the hot sun and did they get so hot they expired? Did I accidentally KILL my pet rats? The rats I loved? Two intelligent life forms who showed me nothing but kindness and devotion??!!!

Supressing memory again now...

Wait what was I saying?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home