Thursday, December 12, 2002

There's hope for those beliefs we are somewhat certain about...

An Encyclopedia of World History is Not Out of Date!

Everyone...well, a small set of people who might be reading this are thinking: What the hell is she talking about?

Hah! You don't really read this blog do you?

I knew it!

Well, I'm not going to explain why this is deeply, deeply relevant to everything you do not know and perhaps don't even need to know...knowledge (or belief) that you could get by fine without.

Yes, you could get by fine. But 'what I'm talking about' could potentially deeply enrich your life.

You don't care, either, do you?

Well, that's OK. Neither do I.

Anyway...two fabulous amazing sources of either knowledge, belief or bla bla are now available to you, courtesy of me...in case...just in case.

The first: Bartleby a literary search site

An Encyclopedia of World History (The older version was so modest! Doesn't say they are THE encyclopedia like so many reference books claiming to be THE companion or THE encyclopedia. No...we're just an encyclopedia. One among many...They've upgraded themselves apparently.)

Wait a second...I thought that it was the same thing because it had the same wording for Gilbert of Aurillac they used the same phrasing...

Oh, but maybe this isn't the same encyclopedia after all? Perhaps they plagiarized just a little from the old one. Sure hope they gave William Langer credit (the more modest editor from the 1950's.)

Then there is another site Project Guttenberg that seems to do something I am also obsessed with--rescuing and reviving the out-of-print. Of course, I can only rescue by buying and reading them, I can't revive them. Unfortunately, you need PK unzip for these bits of nearly lost writing and I planned on printing them at work where I don't have to pay for them. I don't think they have PK unzip at work. Bummer.

Taken from: Kafkaesqui

I know, I know. You don't care...no one cares...you just don't care

But I don't care that you don't care.

I realize: You don't care that I don't care that you don't care.
But guess what: I don't care that you don't care that I don't care that you don't care.

So there...


OH, ALRIGHT...
Science fiction cartoon about Henry K

Picture of admin guys as zombies

Guy goes around world making balloon hats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home