Sunday, March 02, 2003

No, really, I'm going for 7-10 days!

That's right: Me...bla bla...break from bla bla. No matter how much it hurts. Bla bla break until 3/9 at the very least. OK, I realize--how much credibility do I have when I say this and yet here I am again? Will I just shut up already? Sheesh.


Oh my life is already empty. Yes, yes it is. The silence caused by the momentary hiatus of my own whining made the empty void whistle all the louder (Yes, I'm not silent now but I was silent for a minute and whew...that black hole that hovers outside my pointless existence started making all kinds of clanking and banged like an old radiator.) Oh, but I forgot my life was empty before. It was empty and yet I was fatigued by all the nothing I was doing to fill up the emptiness. Now I will continue to do nothing for a while but an easy and less straining nothing in spite of the terror caused by...oh, never mind.

I realize when I say I'm going to shut up and then I don't shut up I lose credibility but really... I was feeling a little bit guilty after I found this amazing source of life changing techniques from Claire's Toast and Coffee

Is your boss a jerk? Maybe it's Satan's fault! And there's actually something you can do about it.

Do you know people who were brainwashed to believe in evolution? It's remarkably easy to get them to change their minds.

When you tell someone that who and how they love is an abomination in the eyes of God--that's love too! That's not a hate crime!

And watch out for Harry Potter!

Here is a much groovier Christianity--the salty vicar...

Nothing is more boring than cutting down fundamentalist Christians. I should say: I like the pamphlets in a certain strange way. They are spirited and full of strong emotions in spite of their um...highly specialized...view of human life.

And if they just came with a laid back "I love everyone" message I'd be all for them. A 'judge not lest ye be judged' thing. A 'I cannot see the speck in your eye because there's this gigantic log in my own eye,' a 'hey, here's my other cheek. Go ahead and slap me' thing...I'd be all for them.

Of course, then they wouldn't be those pamphlets. They'd be different pamphlets altogether. They'd be all hippy dippy and say: "Love your enemies, do good to those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well and from the person who takes your cloak do not withhold even your tunic. Give to everyone who asks of you and from the one who takes what is yours do not demand it back...Stop judging and you will not be judged, stop condeming and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven...."

You can't sell that these days. Everyone just says "Yeah, yeah. Wow. That's so sweet and nice. Cute." Secretly roll eyes.

I'm into the Jesus thing but not into the whole Satan thing. Personally, I think people have an easy enough time being bad on their own. They need no help.

OK--maybe those pamphlets weren't so great...Why did I feel the need to share them? Really. Just getting the message out. And this is it for me, friends. That was a lot of effort and strain. Must rest...must rest...

That is all for now.


Not really! Because what if you never heard about The journal of mundane behavior?

or got the chance to join the dull men's club?

Or read the article where I swiped all the links about dullness?

What if? What if?

Oh God what if this doesn't matter? What if it matters less than something that doesn't matter? I think it's better on the whole not to think about that. Or to think about it even less than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home