Thursday, October 24, 2002

JUST THAT ONE ASSHOLE...

The world might be a paradise where all that lives could flourish
Except for that one asshole

And we would have been happy back then
when we were young and free
Except for that one asshole

The sick feeling in the stomach on awaking
Would not be there
But for that one asshole

I believe that here in this abundant and hopeful place
We might all get along
There might be enough prestige, enough status
To go around
If only we could get rid of that one asshole

------
Not the best written blog but oh so true. If I just hadn't had to deal with that one asshole and don't have to deal with that one asshole tomorrow. Damn. Please God--let me defeat and triumph over this one asshole that is messin' my life! Let me triumph over the all the assholes...

In fact...a little respectable vengance and calling on the ALMIGHTY, ALL POWERFUL LORD TO SMITE MY ENEMIES...MAKE ME TRIUMPH AND PULL ME FROM THE SLOUGH OF DESPOND...

O God whom I praise, do not be silent
for wicked and trecherous mouths attack me.
They speak against me with lying tongues;
with hateful words they surround me,
attacking me without cause.
In return for my love they slander me,
even though I prayed for them.
They repay me evil for good,
hatred for my love.

My enemies say of me:
Find a lying witness
an accuser to stand by his right hand,
That he may be judged and found guilt,
that his plea may be in vain...
May their guilt be always bfore th eLoORD
till their memory is banished from the earth,
For he did not remember to show kindness,
but hounded the wretched poor
and brought death to the broken-hearted.
He loved cursing; may it come upon him;
he hated blessing; may none come to him.
May cursing clothe him like a robe;
may it enter his belly like water,
seep into his bones like oil.
May it be near as the clothes he wears,
as the belt always around him....

Help me LORD my God;
save me in your kindness...
Clothe my accusers with disgrace;
make them wear shame like a mantle.
I will give fervent thanks to the LORD...

Well, that is incomplete...

But this one is apropos:

Psalm 69

Save me, God
for the waters have reached my neck.
I have sunk into the mire of the deep,
where there is no foothold.
I have gone down to the watery depths;
the flood overwhelms me.
I am weary with crying out.
my throat is parched
My eyes have failed,
looking fo rmy God.
More numerous than the hairs of my head
are those who hate me without cause.
Too many for my strength
are my trecherous enemies
Must I now restore
what I did not steal?
God you know my folly;
my faults are not hidden from you.
Let those who wait for you, Lord of hosts,
not be shamed through me.
Let those who seek you, God of Israel,
not be disgraced through me
for your sake I bear insult
shame covers my face.
I have become an outcast to my kin,
a stranger to my mother's children...

They who sit at the gate gossip about me;
drunkards make me the butt of their songs.

God in your great kindness answer me
with your constant help.
Rescue me from the mire,
do not let me sink.
Rescue me from my enemies
and from the watery depths.
Do not let the floodwaters overwhelm me,
nor the deep swollow me,
nor the mouth of the pit close over me...
-----

I love the idea of crying on God to smite my enemies even in the most trivial situations. But if God can't help you when you have the niggling jerks surrounding you--if the LORD can't smite those schmucks--then who can?

So God, thanks. Do your worst. And save me from the depths...smite away...clothe my accusers with disgrace, etc., etc. I'm sure they deserve it. And please do something about George Bush and his administration if that isn't too much.

And whether you choose to smite them in all their wicked trecherousness or not I continue to be grateful for everything else.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home