Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Missed Encounters

Yes...there are some truly lonely people in this world.

I worry terribly over those people who publish ads of the "I saw you on the corner eating an ice cream cone...I was in the black Toyota. I stopped for you to cross the street...do you remember me?"

Darn! There was such a good one last week where a guy wrote an ad to a girl he spoke to in the street and then said: "when your 'boyfriend' came up I lost the nerve to ask you out." He actually put 'boyfriend' in quotes...

But here is a moderately tragic one from today:

Title: Too Shy
The day: October 3. The time: 9:10 a.m.
The place: the inbound 1 train. You: long black floral skirt, white blouse, brown hair, studying index cards. Me: black pants, green shirt, tie, briefcase, too shy to say hello--what a mistake. I got off at the Davis station. If you think this is you, and your are willing to take a chance, let me know.
searching for you@yahoo.com

Oh wow. Wow. That's all I can say...

HERE'S ONE I WOULD WRITE
You: Red shirt, brown hair, glasses. Me: Black suit, purple shirt, long brown hair. You: Reading the novel The White Hotel
Me: Too shy to ask you this question: I never finished that novel! What happens at the end? Email me at: tellmetheend@hotmail.com.

OR HOW ABOUT
I saw you sitting there at the stadium. You were about 100 ft. away from me wearing a blue sweatshirt, with a green hat on drinking a beer. I noticed that you ordered a hot dog with nachos. I always get the hot dog with nachos as well. Then you got a diet coke. That is my favorite drink! I've always suspected I was adopted. You look a little bit like me. If you fathered a child out of wedlock in the mid '70's (or possibly had a one night stand with a married woman named Doris) write me at: areyoumyREALfather@yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home