Monday, November 25, 2002

How I got this way...

There's this stereotype of someone who spends a long time on the internet...No friends, kinda homely, not really doing much with his/her life, possibly a smelly social pariah with bad home decor, lives on pizza, obsessed with obscure references to things no one cares about...supercillious because you don't know the obscure references, socially isolated, self-absorbed, lacking in personal maturity.

Oh, did I say: Not doing much with his or her life?

Basically:

Well I for one would like to challenge this stereotype!

Because frankly, I wasn't this way before the internet. No, the internet made me this way...

I could give many examples but I really must do something with my life. But here's one: Rather than look for my hairbrush before work I decided to write in this blog. Hair remains unbrushed. I'm hoping it will pass for that 'messy Victoria's Secret' look. What do you think? I used to run five miles a day. Now I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. Oh, I could go on and on. And I will. That's the sad part. I really will.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home