Wednesday, December 03, 2003

New Movie Rating System

I do think there needs to be a new movie rating: NP for No Pregnant Women. I.e., any movies where bad things happen to children. I always had a problem with this. The movie Rabbit Proof Fence was very affecting but I spent the next 6 months saying to my husband "Tracker's gonna get us!" and getting all teary eyed (the littlest sister looks a bit like my little sister). And now my inability to handle children in distress out of control.

"Master and Commander" was a cool action movie but husband had to put his hands over my eyes a few times and I was ready to bolt at the first child damage.

I'd like to be warned. No child was pretend harmed in the making of this film. Please, Hollywood, consider this. For my peace of mind.

On the other hand, adult bloodshed? No problem! Kill Bill did not phase me after the first 20 minutes. I did run out of the theater at one point though. "For popcorn!" I said.

Hack away at those adults but leave the little kids alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home