Thursday, December 04, 2003

Reality, Shemality

--I think it is amazing. There seem to be an infinite number of permutations of reality TV shows. Sort of like they are reproducing and the spawn is a bit like the first one but a slightly mutated version.

--Why do they call it reality TV? What's real about it?

--(Stating the obvious) Well, they don't have paid actors and it's just some scenario. The lines aren't written down....but come to think of it I guess it isn't that different than fiction in some ways...

--No, that's not what I meant. I mean--whose reality is this? A show where people are on an island and have to vote each other off or trapped in a house with cameras on them is surreal not real.
Now Iraq...that's real. Hey, how come they can't have a reality TV show in Iraq with a Sunni, a Shiite, a Jew and Paul Bremer? That would be a great reality show!

You may scoff my friends, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home