Monday, February 24, 2003

Feng Shui

OK, I was trying to think of something lighthearted to say since I am not really doing so well at the whole 'fun blog' thing lately. I looked around me trying to find something funny that I do. Then I realized that the little things I believe that are based on nothing but what other people believe and are really based on nothing real actually do affect my life.

For example, I made fun of feng shui when I heard that having sharp corners pointing at you can bring bad energy on you. There was this picture in this book of one of those arrow signs and underneath the picture it said some kind of warning. Basically: Don't stand under an arrrow sign or you will DIE. I ridiculed this picture to my friend who owned the book. Oh no! Stay away from sharp corners.

Then today at my desk I noticed that there was this file holder with a sharp corner pointing right at me.

So I moved it away from me to avoid the sharp-corner-bad-energy effect.

In fact, I'm always hedging my bets this way. I bought 'lucky bamboo.' But when I was in Europe I had this fear that my lucky bamboo would die and this could be very, very unlucky. I imagined hoards of thieves breaking into my house as the result of the death of the lucky bamboo. A devastating fire as punishment for my neglect of the lucky bamboo.

I breathed a great sigh of relief when I came home and discovered that my lucky bamboo had survived my absence. That's the last thing I buy anything lucky!

While I was supposed to be working I couldn't stop myself and had to write this absurd, incomplete manifesto. When it got around 7 pages I started to become very ashamed of the fact that I could write a crazy manifesto but didn't finish all my work this weekend. I can't post this on my blog--too long. I'm going to try and upload it now. In case you have some time on your hands and feel the need to read someone else's crazy manifesto.

I don't recommend it but since I spent all that time writing it I feel that I should do something with it. Undoubtedly, this is going to set off some kind of Miel manifesto writing spree and I can't be responsible for the consequences. Sorry.

Well, perhaps I can. I haven't decided whether I am genuinely responsible for any of my actions. I'm still up in the air about that one.

Hmmmm. Let's see if it works. Where Am I.doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home